The educational objectives of the Electrical and Computer Engineering programs at Utah State University are as follows:
To provide graduates with:
- Education in the fundamental sciences and mathematics that underlie engineering with a general breadth and depth in engineering analysis and design;
- Awareness of current technology and the fundamental background to be able to stay informed and adept at new technologies;
- The ability to put ideas into practice through effective analysis, problem solving, requirements development, design, and implementation;
- A broad awareness of the world around them through general education so they are prepared to achieve their potential and make contributions in their professional and personal lives;
- The foundation of communications and teamwork skills and professional attitudes and ethics.