Events and Competitions
IEEE does all it can to give engineering students at USU an opportunity to develop professional and technical skills. Each year we hold a variety of events, and competitions.
Our most well-known event is SPAC: A professional conference we typically hold every year featuring a variety of technical workshops and keynote speakers who provide great insight into aspects of working as an engineer not typically covered in the classroom setting.
For a comprehensive list of what we and done before, and are planning on offering this year, check out the overview page.
- Location: ENGR 205
- Date: Thursday, April 13
- Time: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
- Each participant must bring their own device
- Teams will be formed at the event
- Multiple teams may be competing at one time
- Participants must have the app downloaded beforehand and updated to version 2.1 or newer
- Cheating will not be tolerated
- In the event of router issues, IEEE will have full discretion of what will happen, likely a rematch
- Apple and android devices are both allowed
- Any screen size will be allowed
- Power outlets will be available, but charging cables will not be provided
Do you like pushing buttons and shouting at your friends? Do you like discharging Clip-jawed Fluxtrunions? If you answered yes, or no, then you might have what it takes to be on a Spaceteam.
Spaceteam is a cooperative party game for 2 to 8 players who shout technobabble at each other until their ship explodes. Each player needs a mobile device (Android and Apple devices can play together over Wifi!).
You'll be assigned a random control panel with buttons, switches, sliders, and dials. You need to follow time-sensitive instructions. However, the instructions are being sent to your teammates, so you have to coordinate before the time runs out. Also, the ship is falling apart. And you're trying to outrun an exploding star.
Good luck. And remember to work together... as a Spaceteam!