Important Announcement for ECE majors for Fall 2017!
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at USU is excited to announce a curricular change aimed at improving the knowledge and abilities of electrical engineering and computer engineering majors, and better prepare them for careers. This change affects the course requirements for our degree programs. Over the next year, the Department is introducing two new courses:
- ECE 1400 (4 credit hours) - Computer Programming for Electrical and Computer Engineers I
- ECE 1410 (3 credit hours) - Computer Programming for Electrical and Computer Engineers II
In the future these new courses will be required of all electrical engineering and computer engineering majors and will replace CS 1400 and CS 1410, which were required in the past.
The new courses have not yet been added to the official course catalog, but they will be in place for the Spring 2018 semester. For the Fall 2017 semester, two special sections of CS 1400 have been created specifically for electrical and computer engineering students. These will be taught by ECE faculty and cover the new curriculum. Electrical engineering and computer engineering majors are strongly encouraged to register for the new special sections.
Course Sections that should be taken by students with majors in Electric or Computer Engineering in Fall 2017
Please take one of the following course sections.
- CS 1400 - Section 004 MWF 10:30-11:20 AM (CRN 55817)
- CS 1400 - Section 005 MWF 12:30-1:20 PM (CRN 55879)
Course Recitation Sections
Please switch your registration to one of the following recitation sections.
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 525 Monday 8:30-9:20 AM (CRN 55880)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 528 Monday 9:30-10:20 AM (CRN 55883)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 531 Tuesday 9:30-10:20 AM (CRN 55886)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 533 Tuesday 10:30-11:20 AM (CRN 55888)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 526 Wednesday 8:30-9:20 AM (CRN 55881)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 529 Wednesday 9:30-10:20 AM (CRN 55884)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 532 Thursday 9:30-10:20 AM (CRN 55887)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 534 Thursday 10:30-11:20 AM (CRN 55889)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 527 Friday 8:30-9:20 AM (CRN 55882)
- CS 1400 Recitation - Section 530 Friday 9:30-10:20 AM (CRN 55885)
Title: C Programming: A modern Approach (SECOND EDITION)
Author: K. N. King
Published: April 2008