ECE 4250 - Undergraduate Internship/Co-op
Planned, career-related work experience in industry. Students must register with USU Co-op Office and have program approved by the ECE Co-op Coordinator. Written report required.
Prerequisite/Restriction: Professional standing.
Repeatable for credit.
Semester(s) Traditionally Offered: Fall, Spring, Summer
· Gain experience in an industrial engineering environment.
· Gain experience in working with a team of engineers.
· Appreciate real-world constraints in the development of projects.
Co-op Coordinator Information:
· Koushik Chakraborty
· Office: EL 255B
· Telephone: 435-797-9157
· e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Home page: http://www.engr.usu.edu/ece/faculty/kchak/index.html
· Co-op/Internship Student Manual with Employer Guide
· For international students, CPT form is required. Please find the same here: F-1 Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
· Helpful guides
Prior to the Beginning of the Internship:
- Arrange for an internship. If you need help finding an internship contact Suzanne Sumsion in Career Services.
- Download and read the Co-op/Internship Student Manual with Employer Guide and Forms.
- Meet with the ECE Co-Op Coordinator to discuss the course and co-op experience and to receive approval.
- Meet with Nina Glaittli in Engineering Advising Office (ENGR 314A)
- Formulate learning objectives with Supervisor that benefit both the student's educational experience as well as the employer.
- Submit learning objectives to the ECE Co-op Coordinator for review and acceptance.
- Complete Cooperative Education Internship Agreement. (Form 1)
- Obtain signatures as required on the Agreement.
- Distribute copies of signed Internship Agreement (Form 1) to Supervisor and Nina Glaittli in Engineering Advising Office.
- Submit a copy of the approved Learning Objectives document (Form 2), to Supervisor and Nina Glaittli.
- Register for ECE 4250.
During the Internship Period:
- Give active attention to completing your objectives.
- Maintain communications with your supervisor and the ECE Co-Op Coordinator, if needed.
Two Weeks Before the End of the Semester:
- Initiate a meeting with your supervisor (employer) to evaluate your work.
the student (employee) evaluations.
- Complete and sign the Student Evaluation of Learning Objectives (Form 4).
- Complete and sign the Student Evaluation of Student Performance (Form 5).
- Complete the Confidential Student Evaluation of the Work Experience (Form 6).
- Mail, email or FAX your completed and signed Forms 4-6 to the Nina Glaittli.
- Write and submit your Final Report to the ECE Faculty Co-Op Coordinator.
Notes about Internships:
· All internships must be pre-approved (authorized before they begin).
· If your supervisor or work tasks change after the internship begins, you should review your educational objectives and make sure any changes are approved immediately. You will be expected to report on your approved educational objectives.
· The Co-Op experience is expected to be full-time for three months (160 hours of work per credit hour)
· You are expected to register for ECE 4250 the semester you participate in Co-Op.
· Students having a Co-Op during summer may register for credit the following fall semester; however, all work (with forms and report) must be completed and turned in by the Tuesday after Labor Day.
Copyright © 2016, Utah State University, College of Engineering. All Rights Reserved